Happy Friday! … and welcome to Cobs Lessons of Life. A snapshot of a week spent being taught certain lessons which we all run into from time to time – but I’m sharing my lessons with you so that you learn in a fun way, . . . and have a laugh at my predicaments. or even go away after reading this post feeling so much wiser and far more clever than you started out!
Regular readers may remember that last week I told you my tale of woe about having absolutely no electricity in my craft room. All the electrics went pop on Wednesday of last week and despite Mr. Cobs efforts, the electricity was no more.
Thankfully, my Super Hero: Electric Man, came Friday morning last week and managed to locate the problem, sort it out, and the magic which is electricity was restored!
But I still haven’t told you what caused the loss of electricity in my craft room yet.
I bet that you couldn’t ever guess what caused all the electricity to suddenly disappear in my craft room – not even if I gave you two weeks to come up with your best guess. But .. let’s give this a moment, and let you have one stab at what you think it might have been.
Go on… I’ll give you chance to make just one guess. Just one. Make it outrageous. See if you can guess.
Now let’s see how many of your were right ….
What caused my entire craft room to be plunged into the bleak dark ages of no electricity was … A WEB SITE. Yes, you really did read that correctly. Maybe I should be more specific so that you can picture how this loss of electricity occurred …. I lost all the electricity in my craft room simply because of a particular type of web site, more commonly known as . . . a spider’s web.
Yes, honestly truthfully. Honest to Dog. Cross my heart and all that stuff.
A spider had crawled into an electric socket and decided that he would make his home there. He’d spun himself a rather intricate web (my Super Hero Electric Man told me it was really quite pretty one). And it was this web which shorted out all of my electricity!
Can you believe it? No me neither. If this was anyone but my Super Hero (aka Chris) , I would have given them a shifty look which told them that I didn’t believe them. But Electric Man is brilliant. He doesn’t tell me tall tales. He also told me that it was something that he’d actually seen before! Along with he told me, slugs and snails which had crawled into sockets, and wiped out the power! And there was I thinking being a Super Hero was a glamorous job!
What else did I learn this week .…
- That I miss the funny people who were around (well-known folks of TV and Stand Up comedians on tours in theatres etc) in the 80’s and 90’s – such as Pam Ayres, Mike Harding, Brian Connolly, Robin Williams, Steve Martin, John Candy, Mel Brooks, Bob Newhart. Do I miss them … or is it that I miss the whole era when comedy wasn’t filled with filth, filthy words, and downright disagreeable subjects – all of which todays comedians seem to earn a fortune from injecting into their acts. I don’t understand it and can’t understand why people find it funny.
I also learned that …
- Harry Potter’s house is valued at £475,000 ($615,000) (The house where he lived with his uncle and aunt).
and . . .
- That I really like this blog and LOVE blogging. I’ve ‘met’ so many really lovely people because of this blog; and I’ve also learned tons by reading other blogs. Yes .. blogging, for me at least, is an experience I’ve found to be truly wonderful.
also . . .
- More than 200 UK drivers are at least 100 years old.
- The best coffee can be found in our cottage, at 4pm every single day, especially after a tough day, a painful day, a miserable day, or just any ol’ day … and it’s made by Mr. C, – just to make me feel human again. ( what can I say? The guy’s brilliant. I got a good one.)
Oh ... and this one made my eyes stretch to the size of saucers:
- The ad executive behind the Nike slogan “Just do it” got the idea from the final words of condemned murderer Gary Gilmore. Ohhh, this made me feel like I didn’t want to ever buy Nike again. What a way to get a slogan!
And finally … I’ve learned that if I don’t get enough sleep, the sleep I do get is peppered with the strangest dreams, which ‘feel’ like it’s real and that the *things* actually really have happened. I need to get more sleep.
So … that’s what I’ve learned this week. Now it’s over to you. What lessons has life taught you this week? Not to spend so much money? That you won’t die if you eat some treat or other? That she was right …. Your Mother DOES know best? Or something else? Do share it with us all. We won’t judge and we won’t laugh … unless you want us to, and then we’ll howl with laughter so loud that you’ll hear us!
In the meantime … may I wish you a totally Fabulous Friday. A very special Saturday, and an easy, peaceful, gentle, and sunny Sunday.
Be careful out there. There are nuts on the road and there might even be one in your car too!
Squidges from me in my corner to you in yours …