I was thrilled down to my boots a few days ago to be nominated for another award, this time The Versatile Blogger award! I’m Versatile? WOW! Who knew?!
I was nominated by the wonderful Mrs. Craft – who’s blog you can find by clicking on her name. Thank you SO much Mrs. Craft. I’m honoured that you thought of me and nominated me. I hope I do you proud and live up to your expectations.
To accept the award I have to tell you 7 facts about me. Prepare yourself to be bored:
- I’m not just one age. I’m three. I’m the age you can work me out to be using my birth certificate (a bit younger than dirt); . . . I’m the age I never actually progressed past (around 27); . . . and I’m the age of my inner child – which is around 7/8 years old.
- I am a 100% believer in the words which are painted on a wooden sign which hangs outside my bedroom door – hung there so that it’s one of the first things I see every single morning. It reads: DO SOMETHING YOU LOVE EVERYDAY. And I really do make sure I do!
- I’m ABSOLUTELY NO GOOD, NOT EVEN IF MY LIFE DEPENDED UPON IT … at building ANYTHING with Lego bricks. My Grandson, Little Cobs, will bring his Lego box from out of his bedroom here in Grammy and Grandad’s home, open it, and then bring a specially selected assortment of bricks to me, with the instruction for me to build something incredible. He knows now that he’s on to a loser. I’m more than useless at this task. But I think he continues to bring me bricks in the hope of eventually making a silk purse out of a sows ear in Lego terms.
- I have never managed to keep a potted plant alive for more than (roughly) around three weeks(ish). I’ve tried really hard but I just can’t do it. I either over-water them and drown the poor darlings. Or I don’t water them enough and they just give up the will to live.
- I look ridiculous in hats. But I love light weight scarves, pashminas and shawls and have a collection/selection of them.
- I love nail varnish and have jars and jars of it … but I can only eat a small jar a day. (tut tut – be serious Cobs! ….) … Although I adore painted finger-nails, I rarely have them because I craft, and because of that I more often than not, end up peeling away the beautifully applied nail varnish with the blob of glue which has dried on my nails, or the double-sided adhesive strip which stuck to my nails. [sigh] But I rather like painted toe nails. My feet ‘flirt’ when the toe nails are painted. I’m rather sad that the end of summer has come because I’ll have to change my favourite summer nail colours to something more in keeping with the season.
- I ADORE period costume dramas on TV … and am totally enthralled with ‘Victoria‘ (about Queen Victoria) written by Daisy Goodwin (such a good writer) which is currently on TV here in the UK. (sorry if you’re outside the UK, but watch out for it coming to your country and give it a go – for at least two episodes – so that you get a feel for it)
Are you still awake at the back there?
I have to nominate 10 blogs who, in my opinion, are versatile and a darn good read. This was easy. There are so many blogs which I adore reading, I just had to narrow it down to ten. (That was the difficult bit).
In order to accept and display the award the award on your blog, you have a little bunch of things to do. The instructions for these were passed on to me. Those are:
- You have to thank the person who nominated you and place a link to their blog on your own blog, so that people can kind of track the award and see where it first came from.
- You also have to name 10 Blogs (and give links to those blogs) who are versatile and interesting. (If you have trouble naming 10 then name as many up to ten, as possible).
- If you are one of the bloggers named as being one I’ve nominated, please know … if you feel that you’d really rather not take part in this nomination, then you have no obligation to do so. You can simply choose not to accept the award and so not have to share 7 facts about yourself, nor nominate other bloggers who you yourself follow, for this award.
Well look at that … TWO AWARDS IN ONE WEEK! Shall I let you into a little secret . . . I’ve been nominated for another one! –GASP!– I know! It’s like waiting for a bus… nothing comes, and it’s pouring down with rain, freezing cold, you have a headache and your feet ache in those shoes … then suddenly … THREE TURN UP AT ONCE!
I am such a lucky girl, and I thank each person for nominating The Cobweborium Emporium blog. It’s such a great honour for someone to think about nominating our blog here. What I think I like most about being nominated for an award for our blog here is that I get the chance to share blogs I follow and show you what others are doing, by nominating their blogs.
Please, do click on the names I’ve listed (they’re all clickable links which will open in another tab) and check them out, and maybe ‘like’ their posts and even leave a kind comment – let’s share all the love we have here all over blog land!
Have a truly blessed Thursday, whatever you’re doing. Just . . . remember to stop and make a memory today.
Sending love to all ~