I had so much fun making this card. It’s a large 8″x8″ card, made on white cardstock. The pink, rose and printed papers (at the two corners) are all papers which came free with magazines a while back; and the gold mirror board and flat gold card (die cut into a rectangle doily) were from my scraps drawer!
I’m very much a thrifty crafter and won’t waste great papers if I can save them – so where I knew I wanted to curl back I simply used a large triangle of paper to cover the corners of the base white card. ↑
The sentiment was stamped onto gold card and embossed in black. I felt that it needed more importance, so choose to use one of a selection of light-weight wooden frames – this one is warmer to look at than the photo shows.
I stamped out the basque ↑ onto the same colour of pink paper as the backing paper, embossed it and then attached it to a little hand-made, wire coat hanger. I punched a hole in the rectangular doily and ‘hung’ the basque from it.
If you look closely at the basque in the photo above ↑ you might be able to see that I used a white pen in places. This was to place ‘light’ in the places that natural light would have fallen on parts of the basque in real life. The ribbons, the seams, bits of the lace, etc etc.
I stamped peacock feathers ↑ over the paler of the pink backing pages, and embossed them with a pale pink, twinkly embossing powder. In the photo above you can see the embossed feathers. (I was checking the page for placement of the basque on the doily to make sure that it would look right.) ↑
Added roses in three shades, and some sprigs of a lilac type flower in white and pink. ↑
Close up photographs ↑ of the corners ↑ which were curled back so that you can see the patterned paper underneath and the two different colours of pink papers.
Although I’d curled and glued corners I wasn’t entirely convinced that the glue would hold, so I chose a large, warm pink brad for each corner to pin the paper in place.
I attached the rectangle doily, which I’d die cut on my Ebosser, to a piece of gold mirror board, then cut around the doily so that the mirror board fitted the doily exactly. Everything was then fixed in place, and voila! One more card added to the pile for charity.
I had lots of fun making this card and loved the way it’s turned out. Hope you like it too.