Sundays are a kind of big deal in the UK, not to all, but to most people. It’s a day that families all come together and gather around the table to eat Sunday Lunch, or Dinner – depending on what time they choose to eat this main meal of the day.
It always (normally) consists of a roasted joint of meat, or maybe a chicken, with an assortment of vegetables and other yummy bits and pieces, with lashings of gravy.
However, today, there will be 22 people missing from their families, for these people had their lives ended, without warning, last week, on Monday 22nd May 2017, and it’s the families of these people who I am thinking of today, and sending prayers, heaven bound, for them to be helped to come to terms with their loss.
I know the pain; the anguish; the turmoil; the disbelief … and oh so many other feelings which invade your heart, mind, body and soul as you try to understand what’s happened. Try to tell yourself to WAKE UP. WAKE UP! YOU’RE DREAMING. Eventually the realisation dawns and you find that it’s not a dream.
For the families and friends of the following people who were there, then gone in a moment, I wanted to honour their loved ones they lost that night, by sharing a truly beautiful song, written by Beth Nielsen Chapman, and sharing the names of the people who’s lives were ended by a form of ‘madness’.
- Megan Hurley, aged 15, of Liverpool, England UK
- Elaine McIver, aged 43, of Cheshire, England UK
- Courtney Boyle, aged 19, of Gateshead, England UK
- Philip Tron, aged 32, of Gateshead, England UK
- Wendy Fawell, aged 50, of Otley, Leeds, England UK
- Eilidh MacLeod, aged 14, from the Isle of Barra, The Hebrides, Scotland UK.
- Chloe Rutherford, aged 17, of South Shields, England UK
- Liam Curry, aged 19, of South Shields, England UK
- Sorrell Leczkowski, aged 14, of Leeds, England UK
- Michelle Kiss, aged 45, of Blackburn, Lancashire, England UK
- Jane Tweddle-Taylor, aged 51, of Blackpool, England UK
- Nell Jones, aged 14, of Goostrey, Cheshire, England UK
- Martyn Hett, aged 29, of Stockport, Greater Manchester, England, UK
- Angelika Klis, aged 40, of Poland, Europe
- Marcin Klis, aged 42, of Poland, Europe.
- Olivia Campbell, aged 15, of Bury, Greater Manchester/Lancashire, England UK
- Alison Howe, aged 44, of Royton, Greater Manchester, England UK
- Lisa Lees, aged 43, of Royton, Greater Manchester, England UK
- Kelly Brewster, aged 32, of Sheffield, England UK
- Saffie Rose Roussos, aged 8 years old, of Tarleton, Lancashire. England UK
- Georgina Callander, aged 18, of Whittle-le-Woods, Lancashire. England UK
- John Atkinson, aged 26, of Radcliffe, Manchester. England UK
(the lyrics to this song are below the video window)
May the families of those lost be surrounded by love, and may not too many Sundays pass before they eventually forget to remember that there is one less plate. They will never forget who they’ve lost, nor how, but may the pain ease, little by little, and over-time may they eventually stop having to remember to breathe, and instead just breathe, until one day they are able to fill up their lungs with air once again.
My love to them, and to you. Thank you for coming. May your God go with you. ~ Cobs. x