I was nominated by the terrific Teresa at Craftowne Cottage for the Liebster Award! How kind is she?, and how fabulous is that! 😀
The Rules of the Award are as follows:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
The questions which Teresa set for me to answer were:
1. What is your hobby?
I craft., is the short answer. The longer answer is: I paint (in various mediums and on any surface which sits still long enough), make hand-made cards, scrapbook, sculpt, recycle, up-cycle, and all sorts of other things, but I’ll stop here so that I don’t bore anyone.
2. What advice would you give someone trying to find a hobby?
First discover what you like in other people’s hobbies. Then choose the thing you’d most love to have a go at yourself. But remember: Being good at anything doesn’t happen the first time you try, so just enjoy yourself. Blog your results if you can – as we are all our own worst critics, so getting feedback from other crafters or like-minded folk will help you, and they may even suggest something you haven’t thought of trying before.
3. How old were you when you discovered your talent?
I seem to have been born ‘crafty’. I don’t remember exactly when it started, I just know that I loved making. (Even if it was making something out of empty cereal packets!)
4. Your favourite place to shop?
Wherever I happen to find something I’m totally thrilled to bits at finding – and especially so if it’s a great price!
5. Most visited blog?
OOooh… now this is a tough one. I visit many, and love all of them. But to choose one above any other would just be so wrong – as it would be like telling the other blogs that they come a close second. None of the blogs come second. They’re all really top class blogs, and all so very different.
6. Favourite season
I have two. Autumn and Spring.
7. Do you prefer the ocean or the mountains?
The Ocean is my love. To walk along a beach in that special magical place where the sea meets the shore and you feel the cool sand beneath your feet, while the sea gently rolls over your toes, … it’s that place which totally bewitches me and fills me with a joy that only nature can supply. The sea casts a beautiful spell over me and claims a part of my heart like only it can.
8. What is one of your favourite quotes?
Oh, that one’s easy! It’s this:
9. What’s your favourite book?
I have too many to list. But I do have a very special ‘favourite’ book: . . . it’s the one I’ve had ‘buzzing’ around my brain for years, and which I’m about to begin writing.
10. Truck, Car, or Jeep?
Most definitely a Car, and absolutely the most luxury one I could buy, (if I ever win the Lottery). I don’t want ‘built for speed’, – I would love (if money were no object) a car which is built for sublime comfort. (I’d also like a suited, hat wearing, chauffeur – like Parker, who drives Miss Penelope about (in Thunderbirds)).
11. Coffee/tea to go or sit and chill for a bit?
Coffee – (and a plentiful supply) – in the morning, and one cup at 4pm in the afternoon.
From midday onwards: sugar free tonic water & ice, in a tall glass, with a straw please.
As for ‘sit and chill for a bit’: … aaaany time you like!
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
1…I am the shortest adult in my family
2. I can play a couple of instruments – just not terribly well.
3. I love really great chocolate. (The good stuff … and never Cadbury chocolate anymore. I have no idea what the heck they’ve done to the recipe of that once great magical chocolate, but now its awful. You can put a chocolate button on your tongue and hold it there in you mouth, waiting for it to melt. BUT it doesn’t melt anymore. It sits, on your tongue, keeping it’s shape and feeling like a sort of jelly type substance. Horrid. Horrid. Horrid.)
4. I adore home-baked ‘goodies’. Bread, Cakes, Biscuits, Flans, sweet or savoury things. Anything. So long as it’s home baked. You can feel, see and almost taste the love which has gone into a home-baked item.
5. My best ever holiday was during my pregnancy with daughter No.2. We went to Cromer, taking my mum, daughter No.1 and my mums dog, and, obviously, Mr. Cobs and I. Cromer is a place in Norfolk, and we’d rented a little cottage there. We had such a really wonderful time that I’d love to re-live it.
6. I like to do things for others, something which makes them smile, or gives them joy, or instills a feeling of hope, where perhaps they could only feel desperation and sadness. I’m told I have empathy.
7. I’m a very private person, and in part this is the reason for the non-de-plume/pen-name. I was stalked by someone on-line. It was a very nasty experience, and the person who did this got SO annoyed that I wouldn’t share my surname and my address with them that they attempted to find my address by using bits of information they’d garnered from things they’d seen me say on a website I used to be a member of. It began to feel very dangerous and scared me stupid. I left the site and have never been back. However now, I don’t give my real name or address to anyone on the internet. You never know who you might be talking to.
8. I love to be stroked. Aaaaaanywhere you like. Stroke me and it leaves me totally ‘useless’. My whole body just gives up. Aahhh but it’s B.L.I.S.S. 🙂
9. I’m really shy. I know… I don’t come across on my blog as shy … but here, I can be anything I want to be … Super Woman! (yeah right) Hero of the Year. (In another Universe) Photograph appearing in all the best magazines. (ha!) Truth is you won’t find a photo of me in any publication and although I’m happy to step in and be a ‘hero’ by helping someone, anyone, as soon as it’s ok I will disappear. I don’t want thanks for things I do. I do them because I’m a human being, and, as far as I’m concerned, that’s what humans are supposed to do. We are meant to help each other. Not hate, pick faults, poke fun at, beat the you know what out of or, indeed, blow other people up! We just have to love each other and help each other. This is the way it’s supposed to be! I don’t see what’s difficult about that or why some people seem unable to see that. It’s SO simple!
10. I can’t live without a dog in my life.
11. I LOVE British TV dramas. Period dramas, Detective dramas, Atmospheric dramas, Historic dramas, … anything. Just give me a comfy chair and a drama and I’ll sit there quietly while you burgle my house. Also love Comedy Dramas. Comedy is ‘me’.
Now I have to . . . Nominate 11 blogs …
- Notable Nest
- A Peace of Life
- Kindergarten Knowledge
- Mary J Melange
- The Snail of Happiness
- Unmeasured Journeys
- Create with Barb
- Jill Ruth and Co
- Ruthies Crafting Corner
- Watching the Daisies
My Questions for you:
- Is there one thing you’ve always wanted to do, but still haven’t done it?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Who would be your dream dinner date?
- Do you have a favourite film?
- Do you have a favourite TV programme?
- If you were given a badge saying: ‘In Charge Of the World but only for 60 seconds’ … what law would you pass or what change would you make in that 60 seconds?
- You found an oriental looking, corked bottle on a beach. You uncork it and out pops a Genie. He/She grants you 3 wishes. Tell me your three wishes. (no wishing for another wish or two either!)
- What drew you into the blogging world?
- Which do you prefer: writing and posting a blog post; or reading other peoples blog posts?
- You’re invited to a posh dinner, this evening. What are you hoping will be served as your Starter?
- … and finally … What is the one thing, above any other, which you just cannot eat, not even if someone offered you a thousand pounds/dollars just to eat a small piece of?
Don’t forget your random facts, and your nominations too. (see the award rules at the top of this post).
Please note: If your blog is award free please accept
this nomination as a compliment to your blog without
My thanks again to Teresa at Craftowne Cottage. This has been such fun to do!
Thank you also to you, for coming for a visit and having a read. Bless you, I love you for it.
Have a blessed, wonderful, Wednesday.